Tuesday, January 18, 2005
First Impressions: Tuesday/Thurseday classes
Dr. Enrique Sanabria
You would think that when you sign up for a class that is held in a lecture hall that it would be a traditional lecture class. Meaning, the teacher lectures and the kid takes notes...
- Discussions, pop quizes, surprise role call (this means I have to actually read all the books and GO to class).
- Online study guides and websites that must be visited
- 2 tests, one final, worth 20% of final grade each
- Participation, attendance, quizzes, 15% of grade
- One 4-6 page essay 25% of grade
My expected grade in this class: B-
Number of people in class: about 150 (and yes, he stood there this morning and called each and every name out to take roll)
Art Hist 204: Greek Civ.
- 2 take home exams: one on the Iliad, one on the Odyssey
- We will be watching 4 movies to compair and contrast Brad Pitts butt, I mean the adaptations of the movies to the books
- Movies include: Troy (2004), Unforgiven (1992), The Odyssey (1997), Oh Brother Where Art Though? (2000)
Expected grade in class: A-
Religion 232: New Testament
I had him for Old Testament last year and nothing much has changed, except for the new subject...3 tests and attendance is mandatory.